Book Launch: James Fry, 'A Licence to Rock and Pop: An Inventory of Attitude'
28 October 2022, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Join us for the book launch of A Licence to Rock and Pop: An Inventory of Attitude, with readings, a mini-exhibition, and a Q&A with James Fry.
Like no other book about popular music, A Licence to Rock and Pop uses theorist Marshall McLuhan’s ‘The Medium is the Massage’ as its model to explore what it takes to be the perfect Pop Icon. Edited by James Fry and Andrew Hunt.
It includes an introduction by Bob Stanley and essays by Luke Haines, Andrew Hunt and Baroque Rococo. Edited by James Fry and Andrew Hunt.
This book is:
- A Self-help Book That offers the reader and alternative to being a passive spectator for the rest of his/her life.
- A Manual On how to embrace the courage required to become a first-class spectacle.
- An Antenna That transmits popular culture and the visual language of Rock and Pop music.
- This book ends with a questionnaire Which the reader will be invited to fill out an apply for their very own Licence to Rock and Pop.
- This Book is an Inventory of Attitude.
Designed by Fraser Muggeridge studio.
Softback, 272 pages, 105 colour illustrations, 42 b+w illustrations, 180mm x
Released 17 October 2022.
Limited first run of 500 copies.